Thank you for watching our online Q&A with Deputy First Minister John Swinney on the 10th September 2020. We are pleased so many parents took time to get involved in the session. We hope that the Q&A answered many of your questions.
For those unable to attend the session live or who would like to watch again, you can watch the Q&A in full on the NPFS YouTube channel here. There will also be the option to add subtitles on the recorded YouTube video.
Thank you to everyone who submitted questions – we read and collated all of them but, unfortunately, it was simply not possible to ask them all. We therefore posed questions that aimed to reflect the wide range of the questions we received. If you are looking for more information, we hope the links to the information below are helpful. If these resources do not answer your questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com, where we will try to answer your question or pass this on to someone who can help.
- The NPFS Back to School Guide: This guide may help you with questions about the guidance currently in place in schools due to Covid-19, and it has links to other sources of information and advice.
- NPFS Learning at Home in a Nutshell: This Nutshell give you some hints and tips for supporting learning at home, and links to organisations that offer advice and support for looking after your family’s well-being.
- NPFS Securing your Devices Nutshell: This help sheet gives you some points to think about and links to organisations that offer practical step-by-step advice.
- NPFS Online Safety Nutshell:We’re living more of our life online. This Nutshell gives you information and advice about online behaviour and helping to keep your child safe.
- gov.scot: For the latest COVID-19 advice and guidance from the Scottish Government covering a range of topics including specific guidance on schools, education and children and young people.
- Parent Club Scotland:is a digital information hub offering practical advice and support for the challenges facing parents and carers at this time including mental health advice, tips for play and learning at home, eating well and keeping active as well more information about the changes to coronavirus restrictions, the re-opening of schools, and FAQs.
- Enquire: For information and support about Additional Support for Learning during Coronavirus
- SQA: Information about Examinations and Qualifications and
- Parentzone: Information and support about learning at home